Are you interested in supporting scientists and other researchers to publish their latest results, have an eye for detail, and outstanding English editing skills? We are looking for meticulous and highly motivated people to join our team of English Editors and support our scholarly journals. This is a full-time, entry-level position located in our downtown office in Toronto, Canada.
As an English Editor, you will
- Accurately edit scholarly articles, working to short deadlines and meeting work targets with a high degree of consistency;
- Edit corporate material (e.g., announcements, flyers, or webpages) and support journal editors with English-related tasks;
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team;
- Work full-time from our Toronto office as part of dynamic and diverse team.
All editors undergo an initial probation period during which training is provided.
- A bachelor or master's degree in any subject;
- Advanced knowledge of English;
- Experience in editing and writing;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent self-organization, including meeting work targets;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to collaborate as part of an international team;
- An interest in scholarly research;
- A strong interest in working with research material.
- Previous experience editing, writing, or publishing scholarly content;
- Knowledge of LaTeX;
- Experience working in a research environment;
- A Ph.D. or equivalent qualification.
As a successful candidate, you will receive training in editing scholarly content and use of the MDPI style, and you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in one of the leading academic publishing houses in an international, friendly working atmosphere. This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic multinational company that offers competitive salaries and a range of career development options to talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working people.