To strengthen our Editorial team, we are looking for recent graduates who are eager to stay connected to scientific research by helping researchers worldwide publish their latest results. This is a full-time, in-office, entry level, and permanent position based in our Toronto office.
As Assistant Editor, you will
- Support the editorial process for academic research journals in your domain of expertise;
- Organize the peer review process for submitted manuscripts and coordinate editorial decisions;
- Handle email communication between the parties involved in the publication process;
- Collaborate with other members of the editorial team and production team;
- Ensure that scholarly articles are accurately edited and published according to tight deadlines with a high degree of consistency.
- A Master's degree in a relevant field, including
- Environmental sciences, materials sciences, mechanical engineering, physics, occupational health;
- Chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, oncology, health sciences, pharmaceutical science.
- A PhD in any of the above fields is an asset.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic, international environment;
- Detail-oriented with the capacity to see the big picture;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Very good communication and coordination skills;
- Professional experience with scholarship publishing is an asset;
- Experience in creating presentations and writing is an asset.
As a successful candidate, you will receive full training in editorial work, working closely with Managing Editors and learning how to process research articles from submission to publication. Training supervised by an assigned tutor will take place on the job during the first six months. Depending on your background, you will be assigned to work on journals related to your field of study or research. No previous editorial experience is required; however, a familiarity with the academic editorial process is an asset.
This is a great opportunity to start a first job in a dynamic multinational company that offers a range of career development options to talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working people.